This week’s Friday Morning Message: ◊Celebration of Women: April 30 | ◊Spring Honor Flight in May | ◊Donations Needed for Food Bank | ◊Baby Shower: Last Minute Items | ◊Message to Snowbirds | ◊Upcoming Events
A Celebration of Women – Monday, April 30 · 6:30pm
Please mark your calendars and join us for “A Celebration of Women” in the Crystal Ballroom at Madera Clubhouse.
We will be introducing the 2018 winners of the TWOQC Scholarships. These four lovely women will be in attendance with their families.
Please come and meet our winners! The program is open to the public.
2018 Spring Honor Flight in May
This Spring’s Honor Flight leaves Tucson International Airport on May 12th with honored Veterans and their chaperones. Details are on this flyer.
As on all flights, a “mail call” of letters and notes will be delivered on the flight home. Please consider writing a note to each veteran with just a simple “Thanks for your service” or something more. Every note makes a big difference to these veterans. Please deliver your notes & letters to Kay Robinson, 898 N. Kenneth Drive by April 30.
Donations Needed For Food Bank
The TWOQC semi-annual collection for the Green Valley-Amado Food Bank will take place on April 30. We will have a bin near the bar outside the Madera Clubhouse ballroom for donated items. In addition to food items, the Food Bank really appreciates cleaning supplies, paper goods, and hygiene products.
No time to shop? Cash/checks/credit card donations as well as gift cards are always welcome. Checks should be made payable to “Green Valley Community Food Bank”.
Military Baby Shower – Less Than 1 Month to Go
The big event will be on May 19, and our Committee could still use your help. New baby clothes (outfits & onesies) sizes 3 mos to 12 mos are needed most.
Please consider a trip through the baby department on your next visit to Wal-Mart, Penney’s, Sears, Dillard’s, Macy’s, or maybe even a trip to the Carter’s baby store at the Tucson Spectrum Mall just off 1-19 at Irvington or in the Foothills Mall. We can accept your donations until May 10.
- If you’re unsure of what to get, please consider a cash/check donation and let our shoppers do the legwork for you!
- Baby items can be placed in the box in the Madera Clubhouse lobby, or at the front porch of Baby Shower Chair Kathi Krieg’s house, 2680 E. Sawyer Road.
- You may also drop off your donation at the Clubhouse Concierge Desk during regular business hours.
- Checks should be made payable to “TWOQC Charity Account – Baby Shower 2018”.
2018 Veteran’s Clothing Drive – Saturday, October 20
If you’re heading out-of-town and won’t be back in time for the October Homeless Veteran’s Clothing Drive but would like to donate, please consider bagging up clean, gently used and in good repair fall and winter clothing for men and women. Have your home watch person or a neighbor hold onto them until the drive on October 20. Items can be delivered between 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. Your donation will mean a lot to the neediest veterans.
If you have any questions, call Anne Smith, Clothing Drive Co-Chair, (719) 528-6834.
(♦) public event
- Apr. 30 – 6:30 p.m.→Celebrating Our Scholarship Winners (♦)
- May 12 – 4-5:15am→Honor Flight departs TIA (♦)
- May 14 – 7:30-8:30pm→Honor Flight arrives TIA (♦)
- May 19→Military Baby Shower (attendance open to committee members only)
- May 21 – 6:30 p.m.→The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly of Designing Cacti Containers
- June 25→Summer Luncheon “A Wee Bit Irish”
- July 30 – 6:30 p.m.→Making New Fashions from Found Clothing
- Aug. 27 – 6:30 p.m.→Makeup for Baby Boomers & Beyond
- Sept. 24 – 6:30 p.m.→Giving Your Home a Makeover
- Oct. 14→Oktoberfest (♦)
- Oct. 20→Clothing Drive (♦)
- Oct. 29→Membership Brunch
- Nov. 12→”Getting Holiday Ready” Ladies Night Out
- Dec. 10→Holiday Luncheon
- Print the Schedule of Events
- Check the Calendar of Events for committee meetings, events reservation dates, ticket selling dates, & other deadlines
- Events/Notices will have event details (when available)
- Programs & events (topics, dates, & times) are subject to change.
- Questions? Contact the Diane Quinn, Programs Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Thank you” to this week’s FMM contributors: Suzan Bryceland, Carol Mutter, Kay Robinson, and Anne Smith.
Note: Graphics and links in previous FMM’s may be removed if information is no longer pertinent or (if graphics) become unavailable.