Oct. 12, 2018 — In week’s Friday Morning Message: Words of Gratitude to Friends of TWOQC | Oktoberfest is here | Member’s Corner | Mt Everest Lecture | Ladies Night Out: Getting Holiday Ready | 2019 Fashion Show | 2019 Baby Shower | Upcoming Events
It takes a village to launch TWOQC charity campaigns.
The Scholarship project, first in our fall line-up, comes to a crescendo this Sunday with Oktoberfest. On its heels is the VA Clothing Drive, followed by the YOTO holiday event, Fashion Show for cancer research, and the Military Baby Shower. There is much work ahead, all gratifying and fun.
Over the years TWOQC has received immeasurable support from the Quail Creek community. A shout of THANKS many times over is hardly adequate.
I’m sure there may be other Quail Creek groups and clubs I’ve overlooked, and if you’re in one of those groups, please give me a shout out and I’ll be honored to acknowledge you in a future message. But be assured we appreciate everyone in our community who shares their good fortune with others in Southern Arizona who need it most.
Sunday, October 14 · 5:30 p.m. · Madera Ballroom
Eat, drink, be merry, and please donate! (tickets required)
Membership Renewals – NEW AND IMPROVED!
Remember if you are renewing your membership at a program, simply bring dues ($25) to the Membership table. No forms necessary unless your information has changed. Should a form be required, you may download the form from the Membership page.
If you are mailing your 2019 dues or dropping them at the box by Angie’s door, please make sure your name is included on a separate note attached to the check or cash.
Angie Werner: 1924 E. Orinda Lane, Green Valley 85614
MEMBERS WHO ARE RE-JOINING after time away from TWOQC will need to fill out a Membership Form for reentry into TWOQC database.
Membership Celebration Luncheon
C’mon Ladies! Next week, Sunday, October 21, will be the last day to purchase a reservation for the Membership Appreciation Luncheon/Fiesta (October 29th). This is a celebration of our membership – over 300 strong! We are a group to be proud of. It’s time to be loud and celebrate. We will enjoy a lovely Mexican chicken salad embellished with colorful tortilla strips with Mexican wedding cookies for dessert.
Come celebrate with us, as we celebrate you! October 29. Bar opens at 11:00, seating at 11:30 a.m. You still have this week to make reservations ($10 members, $25 guests). Contact: Janice Messer, (951) 230-1171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TWOQC Shirts and Visors
Shirts @ $20 and visors @$5 will be on sale in the back of the Ballroom at our membership luncheon on October 29. Shirts have been ordered in a variety of sizes and are available in pink with navy logo or green with gold logo. If you need a shirt prior to the luncheon, please contact Peggy McGee at email@example.com or (520) 207-6188.
The 2018/2019 Kino Lecture Series kicks off with “From Tucson to the Top of Mt Everest: Dr. John Klein’s Odyssey”. The lecture is open to all residents and everyone is welcome. All proceeds benefit TWOQC Scholarship Fund.
- Tucson’s own Dr. John Klein, orthopedic surgeon and avid mountain climber, will recount his experiences scaling many of the highest peaks in the world, including Mt Everest
- Monday, October 29 at 7:00 p.m. in the Madera Clubhouse Ballroom
- Tickets are $5, and can be purchased at the Concierge Desk (checks only) and at the door (cash or check)
We still have some tickets to the Ladies Night Out: Getting Holiday Ready, on November 12. Tickets are only $5.
This is an evening just for TWOQC members, and is limited to 200 ladies, so get your tickets now. For this unique program, the ballroom will be set up as a holiday fair. There will be comfortable seating for conversation and nibbling on hors d’oeuvres.
- a cookie decorating demo and give it a try
- opportunities to learn how to make gorgeous bows and build gift baskets
- a demonstration of how to make festive holiday drinks
There’s even a chance you’ll be one of the lucky winners of a mini-facial or chair massage!
Come and be pampered. It’s sure to be a lively, entertaining evening so we hope you’ll join the fun.
Get your tickets today!
Contact Janice Messer: (951) 230-1171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3 x 356 = SUCCESS!!
The Fashion Show Committee is simplifying the process of gathering quality donations for our silent auction and raffle baskets. All members are asked to talk with 3 people they know who:
- Own a business
- Have a service or item of value to offer
- Have a talent and create beautiful artwork, or
- Know someone who does
It’s easier to ask people we know, and we all only need to talk with three friends or people with whom we do business. Donations are tax deductible, and people want to help – we just need to ask.
Not sure what to say? Here is an event overview you can provide to your contacts and help guide the conversation.
Please contact one of the following people to arrange for donation drop-off or pick-up:
- Lisa Johnson at email@example.com or (520) 577-4669
- Pam Rodgers at prodgersAZ@gmail.com or (520) 561-7969
- Diane Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 399-1372 (after Nov. 1)
Do you have extra space…
… in your casita, bedrooms, storage unit or garage?
The Fashion Show committee needs storage space for all the wonderful items being donated. (Costs associated with this storage may be tax deductible.) If you can help, please contact one of the three committee members (Lisa, Pam or Diane).
Contact Lisa Johnson email@example.com anytime if you have questions or would like to volunteer to participate on a Fashion Show subcommittee. Thank you!
Mark your calendar. The date for the first Military Baby Shower meeting is November 7th (2018), 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Kino Conference room. The committee work is fun and fast paced, culminating in a fabulous event meant to create lasting memories. If you plan to attend the shower in May, you must be an active member of the committee.
The theme for the 2019 Shower is Baby Woodland/Wilderness Animals. If you have an idea for a great logo or want additional information on this year’s baby shower, please contact Kathi Kreig, Baby Shower Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(♦) public event
- Oct. 20 – 9-11 a.m.→Clothing Drive for Homeless Veterans (♦)
- Oct. 27-29→Honor Flight #26 (tentative dates) (♦)
- Oct. 29 – 11:30 a.m.→Membership Fiesta Luncheon with Mariachi Aztlan
- Oct. 29 – 7 p.m.→Lecture: From Tucson to the Top of Everest: Dr. John Klein’s Odyssey (♦)
- Nov. 12 – 6-8:30 p.m.→“Getting Holiday Ready” Ladies Night Out
- Dec. 10→Holiday Luncheon: Lighting Up the Holidays
- Jan. 14 – 7 p.m.→Lecture: Ranger of the Lost Art: Rediscovered WPA National Park Posters (♦)
- Jan. 28 – 10 a.m.→Empowering Women & Girls: Collaborating for Success
- Feb. 25→American Cancer Society Fashion Show (♦)
- Mar. 4 – 7 p.m.→Lecture: Fabulous Fliers: The Birds of Madera Canyon and the Santa Rita’s (♦)
- Mar. →Honor Flight #27 (with #25 – rescheduled from Sept 2018) (♦)
“Thank you” to this week’s FMM contributors: Marilyn Beim, Barb Hunsinger, Lisa Johnson, Kathi Krieg, Peggy McGee, Janice Messer, Angie Werner, and Julie Woodard.