Oct. 19, 2018 — In week’s Friday Morning Message: VA Clothing Drive: TOMORROW | Leadership Opportunity | Oktoberfest Results Are In! | Mt Everest Lecture | October Fiesta Luncheon Seats Available: 3 More Days! | Shirts & Visors Available at Fiesta Luncheon | GV Food Bank Collection | Honor Flight #26 | Get Ready for Members-Only Fun | YOTO Holiday Gift Drive | TWOQC Holiday Luncheon | Upcoming Events
TWOQC Community Event: VA Clothing Drive is Here!
DON’T FORGET! Tomorrow is the day to bring your donations for The Women of Quail Creek’s 9th annual drive for Homeless Veterans. Between 9-11 a.m., volunteers will be accepting fall and winter clothing for both men and women and household goods for those vets going into housing.
Look for signs directing you to the Creative Arts & Tech Center parking lot where volunteers will take your donations. Fast, easy and important for Tucson’s homeless veterans.
Have you been thinking about getting more involved with The Women of Quail Creek? If you would like to participate in a Women of Quail Creek leadership role here is your opportunity! The Board has an opening for President-Elect for 2019.
If you have been a member for at least one year please contact Bonnie Hyra, Nominating Committee: (520) 777-4230, (520) 488-4547 (mobile), email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, October 26th.
OVER $10,000 raised… wow!
Thank you to The Women of Quail Creek, our local businesses, and community.
Photos (113!) and links to videos are compliments of Jim Burkstrand. Thank you, Jim!
The 2018/2019 Kino Lecture Series kicks off with “From Tucson to the Top of Mt Everest: Dr John Klein’s Odyssey”. The lecture is open to all residents and everyone is welcome.
- Tucson’s own Dr. John Klein, orthopedic surgeon and avid mountain climber, will recount his experiences scaling many of the highest peaks in the world, including Mt Everest
- Monday, October 29 at 7:00 p.m. in the Madera Clubhouse Ballroom
- Tickets are $5. They can be purchased at the Fiesta Luncheon (Oct. 29), at the Concierge Desk (check only) and at the door (cash or check)
- All proceeds benefit TWOQC Scholarship Fund
We’re running out of time!
As of today, you only have three days left to purchase Fiesta seats, $10 each for members ($25 for first time guests). The luncheon is a celebration of our club, TWOQC. It is a time to meet new members and chat with long-time friends.
For a reservation, contact Janice Messer, email@example.com or (951) 230-1171.
Shirts @ $20 and visors @$5 will be on sale in the back of the Ballroom at our membership luncheon on October 29. We have the shirts in pink with navy logo in sizes 2XL and 3 XL only. Green shirts with gold logo are available in sizes small – 3XL. If you need a shirt prior to the luncheon, please contact Peggy McGee at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 207-6188.
The collection for the Green Valley Food Bank will take place just prior to our membership luncheon on October 29. In addition to staples like peanut butter, cereal, canned meats, rice and pasta, you might want to consider some foods that will get the recipients ready for the holidays — flour, sugar, candied yams. The bins will be in the hallway outside the ballroom. There will be envelopes and a jar for cash/check/credit card donations. Checks should be made payable to Southern AZ Community Food Bank. Thank you for considering the less fortunate in our community.
Please consider writing a note to the 23 Korean War, Vietnam and Desert Storm Veterans for Mail Call on their Honor Flight from Washington DC. Share your deep appreciation for the sacrifices made years ago. Let them know that being away from loved ones and friends, often risking their lives, and facing the realities of war-time are honored. Let these humble veterans know that what they did to preserve the freedoms we enjoy is immeasurable.
Address the notes “To a Veteran” or “To a Hero”. Place them in an unsealed envelope and deposit in the container outside Kay Robinson’s home, 898 N Kenneth Drive by end of today.
Get Ready for Members-Only FUN
If you don’t have your ticket to the November 12 Ladies Night Out, you are running out of time. Your $5 ticket will give you entry to the fun with seven demos and a chance for a mini-spa treatment. Plus you can indulge in passed appetizers while enjoying the company of your friends and fellow members. Beer and wine will be available for purchase that evening for $5 per glass.
Tickets will NOT be available the night of the event. This first-time program is an exciting chance for us to try something new and perhaps start a new trend for TWOQC. We are excited to see you there and will be anxious to hear your feedback.
All tickets are sold through Janice Messer, email@example.com or (951) 230-1171.
Youth On Their Own Holiday Gift Drive
Are you new to TWOQC? Have you heard about the Holiday Luncheon and the Gift Drive we do annually for Youth On Their Own (YOTO)? The annual gift drive is one of those feel good moments for members of TWOQC when you know you are making the holidays happy for a young person who may not have had many happy holidays.
Watch next week’s FMM and get ready to learn more about gift giving opportunities for YOTO that will be announced next week.
The holidays are just around the corner. Join us for the annual Holiday extravaganza. Seats for TWOQC Holiday Luncheon are $20 for members and $25 for first-time guests. Come and enjoy an old fashioned Christmas turkey dinner with a cupcake for dessert. You can even have your picture taken with Santa and Mrs. Claus. Reservations are sold through Janice Messer. Contact Janice to secure your reservation (951) 230-1171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
(♦) public event
- Oct. 27-29→Honor Flight #26 (tentative dates) (♦)
- Oct. 29 – 11:30 a.m.→Membership Fiesta Luncheon with Mariachi Aztlan
- Oct. 29 – 7 p.m.→Lecture: From Tucson to the Top of Everest: Dr. John Klein’s Odyssey (♦)
- Nov. 12 – 6-8:30 p.m.→“Getting Holiday Ready” Ladies Night Out
- Dec. 10→Holiday Luncheon: Lighting Up the Holidays
- Jan. 14 – 7 p.m.→Lecture: Ranger of the Lost Art: Rediscovered WPA National Park Posters (♦)
- Jan. 28 – 10 a.m.→Empowering Women & Girls: Collaborating for Success
- Feb. 25→American Cancer Society Fashion Show (♦)
- Mar. 4 – 7 p.m.→Lecture: Fabulous Fliers: The Birds of Madera Canyon and the Santa Rita’s (♦)
- Mar. →Honor Flight #27 (with #25 – rescheduled from Sept 2018) (♦)
- Print the Schedule of Events
- Check the Online Calendar for general & committee meetings, events reservation dates, ticket selling dates, & other deadlines (as they become available)
- Programs & events (topics, dates, & times) are subject to change
- Questions? Contact: email@example.com
WHAT IS THE FRIDAY MORNING MESSAGE? The Friday Morning Message is a weekly message from the President compiled from shared updates of club events and committee activity.
“Thank you” to this week’s FMM contributors: Marilyn Beim, Peggy McGee, Janice Messer, Diane Quinn, Anne Smith, and Julie Woodard.