Nov. 21, 2018 — In this week’s President’s Message: 🔴Holiday 🎄Luncheon: Reservations Going Fast | 🔴Do Your Holiday 🎅Shopping for YOTO | 🔴Member’s Corner | 🔴Fashion Show: Volunteers Needed; Luncheon Tickets on Sale💲 | 🔴Upcoming Events
Ladies, the holiday luncheon (“Lighting Up The Holidays”) is just around the corner and reservations are going fast. If you’re new to TWOQC please join us and meet your neighbors; if you’re not so new to our club, please join us to see friends you’ve been missing.
Seats for the December 10th luncheon are $20 for members and $25 for first-time guests. A traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings; mashed potatoes, dressing, salad, choice of dressing, green beans and a sprinkled cupcake for dessert will be served.
11:00 Bar opens; 11:30 doors open; and 12:00 lunch is served.
To purchase your luncheon reservations contact email@example.com.
While you are out with all the other holiday shoppers in the coming week please remember to pick up the items for your YOTO (Youth On Their Own) holiday gift bag. You can find small electronics and gift cards all over town for those YOTO middle school bags. Plus, we have it on good authority that Costco, TJ Maxx, and Marshalls all have plush blankets for very good prices. What better way to find a bargain and help make the holidays brighter for homeless kids at the same time?
If you are attending the holiday luncheon on Dec 10, bring those items with you. Middle school student items should be placed in a gift bag. Blankets and other gift cards can be brought unwrapped and the YOTO committee will take care of them.
If you are not planning to attend the luncheon, please bring the blanket and card to Diane Quinn’s house, 2276 E Skywalker Way before December 9 and the committee will make sure it makes it to YOTO.
Thank You Members & the Membership Team!
As we inch toward the end of 2018, one of our many celebrations is the efforts of our Membership Team. New Member Teas began with Carol Mutter during her tenure as Membership Chair in 2014 and 2015, followed by Judy Collins and Linda Matthews. Angie Werner, 2nd Vice President/Membership and Barb Hunsinger, Membership Assistant, have continued on the path during 2018 welcoming new members in intimate groups with Wine & Welcome Parties.
Our trackable numbers take us back to 2014 where this time of year TWOQC had a membership base of 313 members. The trend continued in 2015 with an increase to 332, growing to 347 in 2016, and 359 in 2017. We are excited to report that as of today TWOQC’s membership numbers boast 388 members. Please take a moment to welcome a new member (sporting a “pink” name tag at the membership programs and events). And extend a thank-you to our Membership Team on a job well done in welcoming our newest members while introducing them to every aspect of this wonderful organization.
Volunteers Needed for the 2019 Fashion Show
Plans for the annual ACS Fashion Show February 25th are well underway. This important event helps save lives of people in our community and around the world. We need many volunteers for one of the largest TWOQC events. If you volunteered last year, please consider helping again. Consider one of the following as an opportunity:
- Help collect items for the silent auction and basket raffle – All it takes is talking with 3 people you know (see “3 x 388 = Success” article: CLICK HERE)
- Create a themed basket or contact Diane Gordon at (520) 399-1372 or firstname.lastname@example.org to donate money toward this effort
- Hostess/Liaison to guide participants and answer questions on event day
We have an enthusiastic planning team this year with the aim to make this event fun! Please email Lisa Johnson at email@example.com to volunteer and be sure to include your area of interest and contact information. You may also fill out the short Volunteer Form. Thank you!
Fashion Show Luncheon Tickets On Sale
Bring your checkbook and be ahead of the crowd. Purchase your Fashion Show for Cancer Research Luncheon tickets at the Holiday Luncheon. Tickets are $25 for the February 25th event.
(♦) public event
- Jan. 14 – 7 p.m.→Lecture: Ranger of the Lost Art: Rediscovered WPA National Park Posters (♦)
- Jan. 28 – 10 a.m.→Empowering Women & Girls: Collaborating for Success
- Feb. 25→American Cancer Society Fashion Show (♦)
- Mar. 4 – 7 p.m.→Lecture: Fabulous Fliers: The Birds of Madera Canyon and the Santa Rita’s (♦)
- March→TWOQC 15th Anniversary Party Celebration
- Mar. →Honor Flight #27 (with #25 – rescheduled from Sept 2018) (♦)
- Print the Schedule of Events
- Check the Online Calendar for general & committee meetings, events reservation dates, ticket selling dates, & other deadlines (as they become available)
- Programs & events (topics, dates, & times) are subject to change
- Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS THE FRIDAY MORNING MESSAGE? The Friday Morning Message is a weekly message from the President compiled from shared updates of club events and committee activity.
“Thank you” to this week’s contributors: Marianne Cobarrubias, Lisa Johnson, and Diane Quinn.