January 31, 2020 – Important SHORTS
ATTENTION – FASHION SHOW TICKET HOLDERS!
There is a fashion show luncheon waiting list! Any ticket resale MUST go through Nancy Jacobs (Treasurer). Our waiting list names have first priority. If ticket holders have resold their ticket without reaching out to Nancy first, it is extremely important that you contact her ASAP to ensure their names are added to the list.
Without a ticket or ticket holder’s name on the list, we will be unable to confirm your purchase of a seat at this luncheon.
Nancy can be reached at (970) 946-3910 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 24, 2020 – President’s Message
- TWOQC’s Exciting Year to Come
- Will There Be Critters at the Creek on Monday?
- Field Trip Ticket Sales Begin Monday
- Information Table: Volunteers Needed
- Lectures Series to Visit the Distant Past
- Be Prepared to Be Wowed by Raffle Baskets
- Be a Baby Shower Volunteer
- Mystery Mixer in May
- Last Call: 2020 Membership Renewals
- Fleece Jackets and Vests
- Community Connections: Collecting for Homeless & Hospitalized Veterans; Massing of the Colors
- Upcoming Programs & Events – Save These Dates
TWOQC’s Exciting Year to Come
We are kicking off 2020 with lots of fun! I’ve been to some terrific meetings in the last couple weeks that really excite me about what TWOQC will be doing. Whether you are a new member, a returning member or a “re-upper”, there will be something for everyone! Hang on to your hats, ladies. Here’s just a taste of what’s coming soon…
Critters? Will there be Critters at the Creek on Monday?
Monday, January 27th at 10 AM, TWOQC will present Jed Dodds, the Reid Park Zoo Events and Outreach Supervisor.
He is a native of Tucson and graduated from the University of Arizona with a degree in Veterinary Science. Jed has visited Quail Creek in the past and his presentation is a not to be missed event.
The program will be held in the Madera Ballroom.
Field Trip Ticket Sales begin Monday
Our field trip to the Reid Park Zoo takes place Monday, March 30th but this very popular event can sell out fast! TICKET SALES commence Monday at 9 AM and will cease at 10 AM when the program starts.
Ticket prices are $60.00 which includes the bus ride to and from the zoo, entrance to the zoo and the “Behind the Scenes Experience” as well as lunch. You must make your lunch and beverage selections when you purchase your ticket.
Lunch Menu: Taco Salad, Cranberry Walnut Salad, or Pesto Chicken Salad Wrap
Beverage Choices: Red or White Wine, Margarita, Lemonade, Iced Tea, or Water
UPDATE (Jan. 27, 2020) — Bus #1 sold out at the January program! Don’t miss the opportunity to RESERVE YOUR SEAT on Bus #2.
INFORMATION TABLE: Volunteers Needed
We need volunteers to tell others about TWOQC at Discover Quail Creek on Friday, Feb. 7th. This event is designed for residents to meet and get information about various organizations in our community. Your involvement would be a 1½ hour shift along with another TWOQC member between the hours of 8:30 – 3:30. Please contact Barb (email@example.com) if you would like to help out at this well-attended event.
Lecture Series to Visit the Distant Past
On Thursday, February 13, we will travel back over 50 million years to a time when three large tropical freshwater lakes occupied what is now southwestern Wyoming, northeastern Utah and northwestern Colorado.
In his talk titled, “Crocodiles, Stingrays and Bats, Oh My!”, geologist Jerome Montgomery will share the process of recovering the fossilized remains of the creatures who inhabited the area so long ago.
The lecture is at 7 PM in the Madera Clubhouse Crystal Ballroom and is open to the public. Tickets are $5 and are available at the Concierge Desk (check only, payable to TWOQC Charity Account), at Monday’s TWOQC program (cash or check), and at the door (cash or check). Proceeds benefit TWOQC Scholarship Fund.
Be Ready to Be Wowed by Raffle Baskets
The American Cancer Society Fashion Show fundraiser is almost upon us. It’s held Tuesday, February 18th! We’ve got beautiful, amazing baskets galore… here’s a list of just a few:
- Love to Cruise… we have a basket for that ($100 off your next cruise)
- How about a Sweet and Dirty Martini Basket? (valued at $255)
- You don’t think Money Grows on Trees? (valued at $250… all CASH)
- And in case you need this… FULL 12 bottle case of assorted wines (valued at over $300).
- Wine and Martini’s not your thing? How about a party in a basket: Beer Basket with all AZ brewed Beer?
Basket raffle ticket prices are: 6 for $5.00, 14 for $10.00, or 30 for $20.00. Don’t forget we also have a 60/20/20 Raffle sale as well. Contact Pam for general fashion show questions: (916) 505-0904 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fashion Show luncheon tickets are sold out. For ticket holders, don’t forget to bring your ticket with you as you will need it for entrance to the fashion show. Contact Nancy (email@example.com) for questions regarding tickets.
Be a Baby Shower Volunteer
The Military Baby Shower committee is in full swing cutting, sewing and purchasing items for the May baby shower. Eligible military families are currently being signed up at the Air National Guard base by staff of the Family Readiness program. This committee welcomes new members who would like to join us in supporting our active military by lending their talents to help in the numerous activities that are involved in organizing and orchestrating this shower. Marketing, article writing, poster making, crafts, etc. are among the many talents we seek. Contact Karen (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
Mystery Mixer in May
What’s a mystery mixer you say?
Well, that’s why it’s a mystery. Stay tuned for info about a fun new offering.
Last Call for 2020 Membership Renewals!
The final day to renew your 2020 TWOQC membership is January 31st. After that, all non-renewed members will be dropped from our roster. For your convenience, we will have a renewal table at the Monday, January 27th, 10 AM meeting. You may also mail or drop off your $25 check made out to TWOQC at 2197 E. Desert Squirrel Court.
Fleece Jackets & Vests
Check them out! Perfect for the Zoo Field Trip. Stay warm and comfy in a fleece vest or jacket with TWOQC logo.
Visit the table at the back of the ballroom to try on samples of colors and sizes. Jackets are $30 and vests, $25. Orders can be made with payment at the January 27 program.
Connecting With Our Community
COLLECTING FOR HOMELESS AND HOSPITALIZED VETERANS
Do you have extra unopened toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, mouth wash) left from recent travels, and 2020 calendars? These items are in demand at the VA. Please consider donating them. You can drop them off at the table in the rear of the ballroom at the program Monday, January 27. Thank you.
MASSING OF THE COLORS
The Massing of the Colors program was co-hosted by the Sahuarita Navy Junior ROTC. These young men and women regularly assist TWOQC during the annual VA Clothing Drive. The program was inspiring and supporting the NJROTC was heartwarming.
SAVE THESE DATES!
(♦) public event
- (♦) Feb. 13 – 7pm→Lecture Series: Crocodiles, Stingrays, and Bats, Oh My: Eocene Era Fossils by Kemmerer, WY (Jerome Montgomery, Geologist)
- (♦) Feb. 18 – 10am→Fashion Show & Luncheon: Relay for Life (10 am: doors open; silent auction & raffles available)
- (♦) Mar. 16 – 7pm→Lecture Series: 500-Miles in 34-Days: One Woman’s Camino de Santiago Journey
- Mar. 30 – 9am→Field Trip: Reid Park Zoo
- (♦) Apr. 27 – 6:30pm→Scholarships Recognition Program
- (♦) May 9-11 – (time: TBA)→Honor Flight#30 @ Tucson International Airport
- May 18 – 4:30-6pm→Mystery Mixer
- (♦) June 6-8 – (time: TBA)→Honor Flight#31 @ Tucson International Airport
- June 29 – (TBA)→Luncheon
- Check the Online Calendar for additional events, general & committee meetings, events reservation dates, ticket selling dates, & other deadlines (as they become available)
- Programs & Events (topics, dates, & times) are subject to change. Topic details will be posted as the information becomes available.
- Questions? Contact: email@example.com
FMM CONTRIBUTORS: Kathe A. (programs), Karen B. (baby shower), Pam H-J. (fashion show), Barb H. (membership), Nancy J. (fashion show tickets), Pat N. (community relations), Julie W. (scholarship lecture). PUBLISHING TEAM: President, 1st Vice President, and Webmaster.