E-NEWSLETTER ∴ FEBRUARY 20
Next issue: March 20, 2022
- President’s Message
- “Spring Into Fashion”: Charity Fashion Show (April)
- Programs & Events: Sneak Preview (what’s coming) + Open House (March)
- ♥ Members Section: GroupWorks Update ♥
- Community Outreach: Honor Flight Letters (March 4 deadline)
We’re over halfway through February and March is just around the corner. The Women of Quail Creek is inviting all women residents, whether a member or not, to attend our Open House on March 28th from 1 pm to 3 pm in the Crystal Ballroom at the Madera Clubhouse». This is a great opportunity to see what TWOQC offers our members. There will be tables highlighting many of our Small Groups, our fundraising efforts, our Scholarship recipients, and, of course, an opportunity to join TWOQC. In April, the Fashion Show is returning. More information about that is found below. Spring is just around the corner!!
∴ SPRING FASHION SHOW ∴
It just wouldn’t be spring without the TWOQC Fashion Show. Tickets are on sale for the 2022 Charity Fashion Show (open to the public) to be held at the Madera Clubhouse in Quail Creek on the 27th of April. Doors will open at 11:00, bar opens at 11:30, and brunch will be served at 12:15.
This year’s theme will be “Spring into Fashion“, with many lovely Spring and Summer fashions being provided by Nancy Pantz and many lovely models wearing the fashions. Included will be basket raffles, a silent auction, a 50/50 raffle and a chance to win one of two $100 gift cards. Profits from this event will support our local valley charities.
- Attention! The fashion show is open to all women in the area.
- Tickets are $30 each (no refunds) covering the brunch (Quiche Florentine, Asparagus with Hollandaise sauce), dessert (Rainbow Sherbert), iced tea and water. Guests may purchase coffee and all other beverages from the bar with champagne punch and mimosas being featured.
- Seating is limited to 10 persons per table with a limit of 300 tickets available (NOTE: More than 50% of the tickets have already sold!).
- Reserve your tickets: Use this Fashion Show link».
- Allow 24-48 hours for a reply.
- Bobbi G., Activities Coordinator, will respond with options of picking up your reserved ticket(s).
If you choose not to reserve tickets in advance… you can stop by Quail Creek’s Madera Clubhouse lobby to get yours (while supplies last).
For questions, email Bobbi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TWOQC members who join our Member’s-Only GroupWorks™ (GW) platform will find the following and more. What is GroupWorks? Learn more»
- Details of programs & events. Sign up for a special event, make a reservation to a luncheon or brunch, or learn how to host your own small-group class or event. (in Programs & Events section below)
- Large group & membership monthly meetings reservation instructions (when applicable) are posted by the Activities Coordinator, Bobbi G.
- “Spring Into Fashion” Fashion Show in April → tickets sold quickly to members-only in the first 2-weeks on GW. Ticket sales are now open to the public… and going fast! (in Spring Fashion Show section above)
- TWOQC Open House in March. (in Programs & Events section below)
- Our annual Membership Drive Campaign, dues updates, and mentions of newest members are periodic membership announcements from the Director of Membership, Alphie S.
- Special Messages from the President, Diane G., posts from the Executive board, and committee activity news/updates.
- Nancy J., Director of Charitable Fundraising, thanks all members who purchased items from the recent sale of discontinued TWOQC merchandise (member shirts, vests, or jackets at closeout prices). Thank you to Joella A. and Charlene N. for being in charge of TWOQC’s shirts/vests/jackets for many years!
HOW TO JOIN US IN GROUPWORKS™
- You must be a dues-paid TWOQC member to join our GW Group.
- Already a GW member? Login to groupworks.com or click Members Login Here». If this is your first time, “Request to Join” when you search/find TWOQC’s group.
- Not a GW member yet? Register here»
- Need help? Contact: Marianne C. at email@example.com.
∴ PROGRAMS & EVENTS ∴
Quail Creek female residents are welcomed to join TWOQC. As a member, you will have full access to all programs and events.
Programs & Small Group Events Coming Up!
- February 21: In My Kitchen presents “A Taste of Italy”
- February 24: Book Discussion – “Animals Tell Our Stories”
- February 28: An Evening with Rada Neal, pianist and composer
- March 9: Book Discussion – Science Fiction
- March 16: On-the-Go Mission Gardens excursion
- March 18: The 3rd Friday Book Group
The Women of Quail Creek Open House – Come Discover Us!
March 28th, 1 pm – 3 pm in the Crystal Ballroom
Interested in learning more about who we are and the many opportunities available to you to meet new people, learn new things, and give back to your community?
We would love to see you at our Open House, where you will be able to chat with our charitable/community outreach groups, interest group coordinators, committee leaders, and Executive Board members.
All current TWOQC members and all female residents of Quail Creek are invited to attend. There will be many great door prizes, and if you are not already a member, you can stop by the Membership table to pick up an application. There will be a free 1-year membership given away, as well as one membership renewal.
There is no charge to attend this event!
Questions? Contact Sharon Pulcinella at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Programs and events (topics, locations, dates & times) are subject to change. Click the PHOTOS button or link to the Photo Gallery in The Bulletin Board (right margin/website Sidebar).
∴ VETERANS GAVE THEIR TIME TO PROTECT YOU ∴
Now is the time for you to express your appreciation to the 60 veterans who are going on the next Honor Flight for their service. Sponsored by Honor Flight Southern Arizona, the March 26-28 flight will include a tour of the many National veterans’ memorials in Washington, DC.
If you are hitting a stumbling block on what to say to someone you do not know, here is one suggestion: “Often, we do not dwell on the dangers that face our servicemen and women as they work to protect our freedom. I honor and celebrate you. You put your life on the line for millions of Americans through your service in our armed forces. I am so grateful to you for all that you have done for all of us!” For more ideas, here are example letters/notes starters».
The veterans will read your letters during Mail Call on their flight home. These letters really make the day for veterans who believe no one appreciates their service or who have forgotten about them.
Drop notes and letters in the collection box at 2719 E. Sawyer Rd, Green Valley (Quail Creek) by MARCH 4.
Contributors, this edition: Diane G. (president’s message) ∴ Marianne C. (members section; e-news design & delivery) ∴ Nancy J. (fashion show) ∴ Peggy M. (community outreach) ∴ Sharon P. (programs, open house). Publishing Team: President, Webmaster.