E-NEWSLETTER ∴ MARCH 20
Next issue: April 20, 2022
- President’s Message
- Special Request for Fashion Show in April
- Programs & Events: Sneak Preview + Open House in March
- ♥Members Section♥
- Community Outreach: Clothing Swap Results
TWOQC received some great news from the Internal Revenue Service. The IRS determined that we are exempt from federal income tax under the Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). As a result, TWOQC is qualified to receive tax deductible bequests, devises, transfers, or gifts. We are now classified as a public charity by the IRS. This determination opens many doors for our fundraising for the High School and Women in Transition Scholarships and for the local charities in Green Valley and Sahuarita, AZ. We look forward to exciting new fundraising activities. Since 2021, The Women of Quail Creek has moved from a Club to a Non-Profit Arizona Corporation and a public charity under the IRS.
∴ SPRING FASHION SHOW ∴
SPECIAL REQUEST: The TWOQC Fashion Show, sponsored by the F&G Committee, would like to request your very gently used or new treasures to help fill raffle baskets. As our theme indicates, we are looking at all things Spring and feminine to include but not limited to jewelry, items for the bath, scarves, light scents, candles and, of course wine, sweets and chocolates (anything you might find feminine).
This invitation to donate is open to our entire community, not just TWOQC members. Proceeds from this show will help support the needs of charities in our valley area. Please contact Bobbi (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nancy (email@example.com) concerning your donations. TWOQC’s 501(c)(3) tax information is available.
Your donations are much appreciated for this special event. Thank you for your support.
TWOQC members – join us in our Member’s-Only GroupWorks™ (GW) platform. For our members:
- Programs & events details. Sign up for an event, make a reservation (luncheon, special event), or learn how to host your own small-group class or event. Large group & membership monthly meetings reservation instructions.
- “Spring Into Fashion” Fashion Show in April → updates will be posted.
- TWOQC Open House in March → for all female residents AND members. SEE BELOW!
- Annual Membership Drive Campaign, dues updates, and mentions of newest members are periodic membership announcements.
- Special Messages from the President, Diane G., posts from the Executive Board, and committee activity news/updates.
- What is GroupWorks? Learn more»
HOW TO JOIN US IN GROUPWORKS™
- You must be a dues-paid TWOQC member to join us in GW.
- Already a GW member? Login to groupworks.com or click Members Login Here». If this is your first time, “Request to Join” when you search/find TWOQC’s group.
- Not a GW member yet? Register here»
- Questions? Marianne C. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
∴ PROGRAMS & EVENTS ∴
Members have full access to all programs and events. Female residents in Quail Creek are invited to join TWOQC! JOIN TODAY»
Programs & Small Group Events Coming Up!
- Tuesday, March 22: On-the-Go excursion to Reid Park Zoo
- Monday, March 28: The Women of Quail Creek: Come Discover Us! (Open House for members and all female residents of Quail Creek) – SEE BELOW
- April 13: Science Fiction Book Discussion Group (“A Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet”)
- April 19: On-the-Go excursion to Tohono Chul Botanical Gardens
Questions? Contact Sharon Pulcinella at email@example.com.
The Women of Quail Creek → OPEN HOUSE
♥COME DISCOVER US♥
March 28th, 1-3 pm · Crystal Ballroom
For members & all female Quail Creek residents!
Interested in learning more about who we are and the many opportunities available to you to meet new people, learn new things, and give back to your community? Plan to attend our Open House where you will be able to chat with our charitable and community outreach groups, interest group coordinators, committee leaders, and Executive Board members.
There will be many great door prizes, and if you are not already a member, you can stop by the Membership table to pick up an application. A free 1-year membership will be given away as will a one membership renewal. There is no charge to attend this event.
∴ CLOTHING SWAP: Supporting Victims of Domestic Abuse ∴
Thanks to all who supported the clothing swap on March 14. It was definitely a win-win for Hands of a Friend in their efforts to support victims of domestic abuse in the local area. The clothing and accessory donations were really special and many items were taken home by the swap participants. Attendees donated $1,531.50 in appreciation for the free shopping experience. The remaining items—that filled the back of a pick-up truck—were taken to DaZee’s Resale shop where they will be sold to add to the money earned by the event.
Contributors, this edition: Diane G. (president’s message) ∴ Marianne C. (members section; e-news design & delivery) ∴ Nancy J. (fashion show) ∴ Peggy M. (community outreach) ∴ Sharon P. (programs, open house). Publishing Team: President, Webmaster.