“I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving. Stay safe if you are traveling.”
ELECTION OF OFFICERS
At our Board meeting this week, we decided we needed to make the Program Chair a voting member of the Executive Board. This was not an issue in the past since I was the Program Chair too and always there at the meetings. Janice Pell, who has been on the Program Committee for the past several years, has agreed to accept the nomination for this position. The updated Slate of Officers is posted on the website under Events and Notices.
I definitely got some ideas for things to see and do in our area from Jim Gressinger’s talk at our meeting. For those who may have missed the talk, link to his website can be found here: Hidden Treasures of So. Arizona. Stay informed and sign up for Jim’s weekly online newsletter by clicking HERE.
It will be a Candy Cane Christmas at our holiday luncheon on Monday, December 14 in the Ballroom. Bar will open at 11.30 a.m. with lunch served about 12:30. The Arizona String Quartet will provide the entertainment. Menu is turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, Christmas cupcake and coffee and iced tea.
Tickets at $18 will be on sale on Monday, November 23 from 9 to 11 a.m. and Wednesday, December 2 from 3 to 5 p.m. in the Lobby. Those unable to get to Madera on those dates may contact Nancy Wilson at email@example.com (207-6830) for tickets. [Holiday Luncheon...]
At our bank, we are limited to 150 transactions per month to avoid paying fees. Due to the huge amount of checks/cash that were collected for Membership dues and the December Luncheon, many checks will not be deposited until December. Don’t think we lost them.
It was hugs all around when I delivered the $1000 for Genesis House this week. Genesis House founder Patti O’Berry was especially glad to receive it at this time since she got notice yesterday that their refinance of Genesis House from a 6.75% loan to a 2% loan was approved and they have to go to closing on December 1. The $1000 will help with all the escrow costs they have to pay. In all we were able to donate $7K to benefit victims of domestic abuse in the local area from the cookbook sales proceeds. Thanks to all who were on the committee, who submitted recipes, sold the books and especially to those who bought them. Without your support, this would not have been the successful project that it was.
I also took 4 boxes of clothing left over from Ginny Hutcheson’s garage sale to Genesis House.
Your 2016 dues, checks for $25 made payable to TWOQC, can be paid at any time.
- Forms are in TWOQC’s slot in the hallway as well as on the website.
- The Word document form on the website gives one the opportunity to type in the information.
- This makes it much easier for the membership and Internet team to get the email address right the first time.
- We also added a block on the membership form asking if you have any special talents/experience (e.g., writing, fund raising, decorating.)
- That information will help us if we ever need special help for one of our projects.
Check and the completed form may be left at Carol Mutter’s house, 482 Alexis Loop. There is a box by her front door so you don’t have to worry about disturbing her. [Membership Form…]
Can you believe that we only have 43 totes left to sell?
- They will be on sale in front of the Grill on Sunday, December 6 from 9:30-1:30.
- The roomy totes are $7 each or 3 for $20.
- They make great hostess gifts if you are going to someone else’s house for Thanksgiving.
- You can contact Scholarship Committee Chair, Pat Neel at firstname.lastname@example.org/(520) 625-4476 or me at email@example.com to buy one (or more) now.
We both have a supply at our respective houses. [Scholarships…]
We were the only Quail Creek club who honored our Nation’s veterans at the ceremony at the Green Valley Cemetery on Veterans Day.
Please see the nice thank you we got for being there from a non-member under 2015 Thank You’s.
Thanks to all who brought toiletries for the homeless veterans to our meeting on Monday. I will be delivering 6.2 lbs. of toiletries and greeting cards, note pads and wrapping paper to the VA today.
Thanks to Ginny Hutcheson who donated furniture, household items and clothing to the VA from things that were not sold at her garage sale to raise funds for cancer research.