IT’S FASHION SHOW DAY
If you are planning to attend the fashion show and buy raffle tickets, we recommend that you bring address labels to make things go faster. You must be present to win a raffle basket so if you forget your labels, you can just write your name on the ticket. We also have 5 items for a Silent Auction. Credit cards will be accepted for those.
Thanks to all who supported the fashion show by buying tickets to attend, donating prizes or items we needed to make the decorations. This has been a real team effort. [IGNITE YOUR PASSION]
- All those who signed up to help with registration or raffle ticket sales are asked to check in with Nancy Jacobs in the lobby at 9:30 a.m. on February 12.
- Models not eating prior to the fashion show are asked to be at Madera by noon.
- If something has come up, and you are unable to help on the 12th, please let Nancy know ASAP at 970-946-3910 or email@example.com.
QUAIL CREEK BUSINESS EXPO
The annual business expo, sponsored by the QC Ballroom Dance Club, will showcase over 100 local businesses and nonprofit organizations. These include home improvement, insurance and legal/financial services, specialty equipment such as golf carts, and volunteer opportunities.
The event will be in the Madera Clubhouse on Saturday, February 13 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Lunch will be sold in the main salon. Admission is free. TWOQC will have a table at this event and I am still looking for two volunteers to be at our table from noon to two. If you are interested in helping out, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Stop by our table and say “hello”! [QC BIZ EXPO]
BENEFIT ART SHOW
The Continental School District Educational Foundation (CSDEF) is holding a Sweet Art Gala on Saturday, February 13 from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at the Community Performing Arts Center, 1250 West Continental Road.
- Tickets are $45
- There will be Hors D’oeuvres, a no host bar, live music and live artist demonstrations
- TWOQC is one of the sponsors of the event
- Proceeds will provide Mini Grants to the School’s Library, Artist in Residence and Music programs and teacher mini grants which aren’t covered by other income sources
- Tickets may be purchased at the door or by contacting Mike Turner, a Quail Creek resident, at 829-7985
- Click on the little boy below for more information:
MORE SCHOOL NEWS
Anza Trail School is having a huge event, Coyote Country, on Friday, February 19 from 5-8 p.m. to raise money for four outdoor classrooms for kids grades K-8. The outdoor learning areas will be invaluable to the teachers and students. The school is currently the largest in the area with 1,400 plus students. It is located at 15490 S Rancho Sahuarita Blvd. Live music, food, games, and prizes. Admission fee: $5. For more information contact, Anza PTO, email@example.com.
NEXT GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, February 29 – 10:00 a.m. – Madera Clubhouse
Mark your calendars! You won’t want to miss Jed Dodds presenting “What’s New at the Zoo.” This is great timing before the March field trip. [MONTHLY MEETING]
MARCH FIELD TRIP: Reid Park Zoo
There are only a few seats available! Tickets are $40 and include bus transportation, lunch and a “behind the scenes” tour! Currently this trip is only open to members. If there are seats left after the February 29 meeting they will be offered to Quail Creek guests at $45 each. You may contact Nancy Wilson with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The bus will depart from the Clubhouse promptly at 9:00 a.m. sharp on Monday, March 28, and return around 4:00 p.m. This is one trip you will not want to miss! Be sure to bring any loose change, dollars or checks to stuff in the “Big Baby Bottles” for the upcoming annual baby shower! “I wonder which bus will collect the most that day!” [FIELD TRIP]
“Read Me A Story”
Coming Soon! The “Big Baby Bottles” will also be available at the General Membership meeting on the 29th. Be sure to bring your donations and look for the collection table at the back of the room.
- clothing (newborn to 18 months)
- baby wipes
- baby wash and baby powder
- baby toys
- anything you think the new parents might need
- cash is also most welcome, as we would be able to add to the existing supply or fill in with items that do not get donated
Contact Pamela Rodgers with any questions at 520-561-7969 or email@example.com. Donations may also be dropped off at her home, 2640 E Sawyer Road (drop box on front porch) or call she will be glad to pick them up in the Quail Creek/Green Valley area.
If you would like to donate your time our next planning meeting is Monday, March 7 at 11:00 a.m. in the Kino Conference Center. [BABY SHOWER]
WHAT’S NEW ON THE WEBSITE THIS WEEK!
The latest addition to the website is the Milestone feature in the sidebar (on the left of the screen). This feature displays a countdown to a certain date. When the event falls within the current month, the countdown will change to “how many days are left” to a milestone (or event, in our case). This feature will be removed when not in use, and re-added when appropriate and as needed.
Follow us on social media: TWOQC on Facebook!