January 15, 2021
- Fundraising Survey
- A Great Loss to TWOQC and Quail Creek💔
- Last Day for Membership Renewal: TODAY🌟
- TWOQC Launches GroupWorks
- Programs Committee Announces New Slate of Activities for 2021
- Use Your Talents
- Scholarship Applications Now Being Accepted
- Connecting with Our Community: Donations for the VA
- Programs & Events
TWOQC has seen to the needs of many in need over the years. Needs change and our membership changes, which provides us with an opportunity to determine what organizations or committee functions we should support. A SurveyMonkey survey was sent to our membership last Tuesday to obtain your input. A reminder to complete the survey went out Thursday. If you didn’t see the email, please also check your JUNK/ SPAM folder. Even if you’ve received previous surveys directly to your INBOX, these can still go to your JUNK/SPAM box.
A Great Loss to TWOQC and Quail Creek
It is with great sadness that we report the loss of one of the original Quail Creek homeowners, 💔Ruth McDermott. Ruth moved to Quail Creek in 1993 with her husband, Donn, who predeceased her in 2008. They were very involved in starting the QC Activities Club in 1999 and assisted in the first QC Craft Market.
Ruth gave of her time and skills. She knitted countless booties and hats for babies as well as knitted gifts for veterans and others in need. Ruth was passionate about veterans and supported Honor Flight and wrote hundreds of letters that were distributed during the flight. Another one of her passions was tutoring young students in the Continental School District where she received a Volunteer Service Award.
Ruth will be greatly missed by so many people in Quail Creek but her joyful smile and contributions will be missed even more by TWOQC.
Last Day for Membership Renewal: TODAY!
Don’t miss out on the exciting events being planned.🌟 If you don’t renew by end of today, your name will be dropped from our membership list.
Please drop off your checks at Alphie Smith’s house at 600 N. Hale Drive. Call her at (520) 347-6022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know you are coming so she can have your name badge in her TWOQC Membership box on the porch.
We hope you will be joining us in 2021!
TWOQC Launches Groupworks!
Ladies, Get Ready for Some Fun in 2021!
TWOQC is launching a new way to stay connected with each other. On February 2, we will launch our members-only, Groupworks group. Groupworks is a free club management platform that simplifies member communications and gets messages out to you quickly, handles event scheduling, collects payments, and frees up quality time for group leaders and members to do more of what we love, having FUN! Many of our QC Units and clubs already use Groupworks to stay in touch. Later this month you will receive an email invitation to join TWOQC on Groupworks.
If you are already a member of other groups on Groupworks, you will simply login and accept the invitation, and TWOQC will be added to your group lists. If you are new to Groupworks, the email will give you login information that you will use to create your own Groupworks account. If you’re not confident when it comes to computers? No problem. We will also be sending out a training manual and will be holding a Zoom training event where you can get the help you need.
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” Helen Keller.
Programs Committee Announces New Slate of Activities for 2021
The Programs Committee is working hard to bring an exciting new array of activities and events to TWOQC members this coming year.
TWOQC is targeting June to resume luncheons and large group events. Our focus is currently on creating new opportunities for our growing membership to meet, socialize, and make new connections. The committee will be scheduling more small-group and virtual activities that reflect the interests expressed in last summer’s membership poll.
Small-group offerings will include trivia nights, craft tutorials, book discussions, an “On the Go” program that will take excursions to various places of interest, and virtual presentations on a variety of topics. An “In My Kitchen” cooking program will also be starting up sometime toward the end of the summer to share the joy of cooking in the intimate setting of someone’s kitchen.
- Our first “Trivia Challenge” will be held on Zoom on Monday, January 25th at 6:30 pm. Participants will be divided into teams to compete for the title of “Trivia Champs of the Month.” This event promises to be lots of fun for everyone, and a great opportunity to meet new people; in fact, if it gets enough support, it may become a monthly event. The Zoom link will be emailed to registered members prior to the event.
- Sue Ann Obremski will present spring-themed craft ideas on Wednesday, January 27th from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm via Zoom. Sue Ann is a gifted crafter and seamstress, and her classes are always both inspiring and fun. She will demonstrate creative ideas for Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, and Passover. Don’t miss this one! The Zoom link will be emailed to registered members prior to the event.
- On Friday, January 29th the “On the Go” group will offer an excursion to Canoa Ranch at 1 pm to see the wintering waterfowl. Bird expert Nick Pulcinella will be with us to help with identification, and to offer some insight into their habits and migration. The group will be limited to 6 people plus the 2 leaders. Participants must provide their own transportation. Details will be emailed to the 6 members who register prior to the event.
- Janet Rumford will be hosting another of her popular rock painting classes on her patio on Thursday, February 11th at 1:00 pm just in time for Valentine’s Day. Rocks, paint, and brushes will be provided. There will be a $5 fee to cover these supplies. The group is limited to 5 plus the hostess. Details will be emailed to the 5 members who register prior to the event.
Small group gatherings are currently being held outdoors and are generally limited to no more than 6 people. All safety protocol is being followed. Masks are required for all events, and hostesses are ensuring that participants remain a minimum of 6 feet apart.
Reservations must be made for small-group programs & events and are taken on a first-come-first-served basis. Save your spot by contacting Bobbi Gordon Activities Coordinator, at email@example.com.
The Programs Committee is always on the lookout for new ideas, as well as for people to step up as hostesses or presenters! Right now we are looking for someone to demonstrate Instant Pot or Air Fryer cooking sometime in February. Stay tuned as details are worked out for many more enjoyable activities and gatherings in the coming months! Please contact Programs Director, Sharon Pulcinella, (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to share your talent or special interest.
Don’t forget to renew your membership before the deadline at the end of today (Jan. 15th) so you will be eligible to participate in this year’s events.
Use Your Talents
Do you have a talent for sewing, knitting, or crocheting? We are looking for ladies who love to do these activities to make blankets, hats, and booties for our military babies. We can provide a pattern if you do not have one. You do not have to be a member of the Military Baby Shower committee to help us with these items, but you are also most welcome to join us. Contact Karen Baker (email@example.com) for more info.
Scholarship Applications Now Being Accepted
Applications are now open for the TWOQC 2021 Scholarships. We need your help in spreading the word. Applications are open to girls at Walnut Grove and Sahuarita high schools, and to women over 21 who live in Pima or Santa Cruz Counties who would like to further their education. In the past, some of our applications have come from women who know a Quail Creek resident. Here’s where you come in. Please help us spread the word. Ask your house cleaner, hairdresser, landscaper, or anyone else who may know of a woman who could benefit from one of our scholarships. Contact a committee member (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a flyer or direct them to TWOQC’s website (womenqc.com/scholarships).
Connecting with Our Community
DONATIONS FOR THE VA
If you received any crafts kits for a holiday gift and won’t be using them, please consider donating them to the VA for their hospitalized patients. With restrictions on visitors again, the veterans need something to do to pass the time while they are recuperating from their illness or surgery.
The Homeless program is accepting unopened travel and full-sized toiletries as well as men’s winter weight clothing. The VA is not accepting any more 2021 calendars. If you have anything you wish to donate, please take items to Peggy McGee’s house: 1908 E Longspur Place on January 21.
SAVE THESE DATES (2021)
(♦) public event Program Event Details
- Jan. 27 – 11 AM Spring-themed Craft Ideas (ZOOM, Sue Obremski)
- Jan. 29 – 1 PM On-the-Go: Wintering Waterfowl @ Canoa Ranch (Nick Pulcinella)
- Feb. 11 – 1 PM Rock Painting Class (Janet Rumford)
Check the Online Calendar for general & committee meetings & other deadlines (as they become available). Programs & Events (topics, locations, dates, & times) are subject to change. For additional information, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FMM CONTRIBUTORS: Becky A. (R.McDermott); Karen B. (baby shower); Jean H. (scholarships); Barb H. (VA donations); Sharon P. (programs); Alphie S. (membership).
PUBLISHING TEAM: President, Publicity Director, and Webmaster.