JULY 2022 E-NEWSLETTER ∴ Next issue: August 20
- President’s Message: Therapeutic Riding of Tucson Program – July 25
- Funding & Giving: Jim Click Raffle Tickets Available NEW DATE: Aug. 1st
- Programs & Events: Upcoming & What You Missed
- Community Outreach: School Teachers Supply Shower (through July 31); Amado Youth Group Food Drive “Thank-You”
- Members Section
∴ PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE ∴
July is almost over, and we are enjoying the Monsoon rains. Although many of our members are away, there are still a number of us hanging around Quail Creek! If you are in town on July 25th, please make an effort to attend the monthly program. The presentation is about Therapeutic Riding of Tucson (TROT). Margaux DeConcini, the Director of Development, will tell us about this wonderful organization. This is a members-only program but as a reminder to all Quail Creek female residents, you are invited to join TWOQC for access to all of the organization’s programs, events, and small-group activities. Visit our Membership page (Join or Renew website tab) for more information.
On another note, Bobbi Gordon recently tendered her resignation as Activities Coordinator and Chair of the Bereavement Committee serving local women. TWOQC thanks her for her years of service and contributions to the organization.
The Executive Board of Directors is currently reevaluating the Activities Coordinator position.
∴ JIM CLICK RAFFLE FUNDRAISER ∴ Each year Jim Click sponsors a charity drive to provide eligible charities in Tucson and the surrounding areas a chance to raise funds for their charities.
TWOQC’s Funding and Giving Committee has JC raffle tickets and will announce future selling dates here and on the Funding & Giving page. Tickets are $25 each or 5 for $100. The funds raised from the sale of these tickets will go towards scholarships.
LET YOUR FRIENDS & FAMILY KNOW! The purchase of these raffle tickets is not limited to our immediate community. Your friends and relatives around the U.S. are invited to purchase a ticket. You are welcome to coordinate the transaction for your friends and loved ones who may be interested in our raffle.
Check our website’s Funding & Giving page for updates, also where you will find an online order form to reserve your raffle tickets. JC Millions for Tucson Raffle Flyer» Thank you for your support!
∴ PROGRAMS & EVENTS ∴ Go to GroupWorks™ (GW) for more information and reservations 2 weeks prior to each event… coming up:
- July 25th: Therapeutic Riding of Tucson (TROT) Program
- August 19th: 3rd Friday Book Group (“True Biz”)
Did you miss it? Photos or handouts may be available for post-events:
- June 21st: Genealogy Group
- June 22nd: Book Discussion (“Coming of Age”)
- June 27th: Lunch at Grill on the Green
- July 6th: “Make a Flowerpot Floozie”
- July 13th: “Gardening to Attract Pollinators” with Charlene Westgate
- July 13th: Rock Painting with Janet Rumford
- July 15th: 3rd Friday Book Group
- July 19th: Genealogy Group
Members have full access to all programs and events. Contact Sharon at email@example.com if you have questions. All female residents in Quail Creek are invited to join TWOQC! JOIN TODAY»
∴ FOOD DRIVE FOR AMADO YOUTH GROUP ∴
Thanks to the generous donations from so many members we were able to give just over 550 individual items to the youth group for their summer camp. The supervisors were impressed with the variety of non-perishable foods—many of which were very healthy—that we collected.
∴ SCHOOL TEACHERS SUPPLY SHOWER ∴
The Community Outreach Committee has embarked on a project to collect supplies needed by teachers to keep their classes running smoothly. Each year most teachers have to dig deep into their pockets to buy the items they need. The collection period will run until July 31.
Items the teachers identified as needed are on THIS LIST (link).
There will be a box in the Madera Clubhouse for donations from July 21-30. Items may also be taken to 2197 E Desert Squirrel Court at any time through July 31 (placed on the yellow bench in the front entry). We hope Quail Creek residents will support TWOQC in this effort.
TWOQC’s GroupWorks™ (GW) members-only platform is where announcements, program & event details, special messages from the President, Diane G., posts from the Executive Board, and committee activity news/updates may be found. Members are invited to join us in GW. Sign up for an event, make a reservation (luncheon, special event), learn how to host your own small-group event, and get large group & membership monthly meetings reservation instructions. Learn more»
- Are you a TWOQC member-in-good-standing, not yet in GW? Register here»
- Already a GW member? Login to groupworks.com or click this login link». If this is your first time, “Request to Join” when searching for and finding TWOQC’s group.
- Questions? Contact our GW Admin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contributors, this edition: Diane G. (president’s message) ∴ Marianne C. (members section; e-news design & delivery) ∴ Nancy J. (funding & giving) ∴ Peggy M. (community outreach) ∴ Sharon P. (programs/events). Publishing Team: President, Webmaster.