June 27th Luncheon
Don’t miss out on a delicious lunch and lively entertainment.
Nancy Wilson will be selling tickets for the June luncheon, “A Russian Adventure” with The Arizona Balalaika Quartet performing under the direction of Mia Bulgarin Gay, in the lobby of the Madera Clubhouse on Monday, June 13 from 11:00 a.m. to noon.
- Tickets are $20 each and are non-refundable.
- The bar opens at 11:30 and luncheon will begin at 12:30.
- Make your plans and have a printed list of all ladies you are buying tickets for – only ten seats at a table please! This will make it so much easier for Nancy.
Read Me A Story – Baby Shower
Another blessing… please welcome Colton James Chaffee born June 4, 2016.
Less than 3 weeks to our big event, and then the fun begins! All the planning, work, and smiles/laughter/tears start now. Thanks to all who have donated to the baby shower!
Donations will be accepted until June 15. Please use the box in the Madera Clubhouse lobby or the front porch box at the Rodgers home (2640 E Sawyer Road). Contact Pam Rodgers with any questions or concerns at 520-561-7969 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our last planning meeting is Monday, June 13 at 11:00 a.m. in the Kino Conference Center.
Again, thank you so much to all the incredible women out there. You have made this year’s event a reality and extra special for our military families, all 28 of them.
Aprons For YOTO
- Aprons will be on sale in the Madera lobby on Monday, June 13 from 11-noon.
- They make great Father’s Day gifts and proceeds will be helping homeless teens remain in school.
- If you can’t get there on the 13th, please contact Peggy at email@example.com and she will make arrangements for pick-up.
- Aprons are $18 each or 2 for $35.
- All proceeds will go to students in the Sahuarita and Walden Grove high schools.
A monthly student living expense of up to $140 provides a safety net to help them manage daily needs. To be eligible to receive living expense support, students must have passing grades in all classes and meet school attendance requirements.
When Jed Dodds, Education Coordinator for the Reid Park Zoo, spoke with TWOQC in February he told us that the sale of ivory was contributing to the death of 96 African elephants each day… AND, that selling ivory was not illegal in the United States. Jed urged us to contact our representatives to change U.S. policy.
We are happy to learn that the Obama Administration just announced a federal ban on the sale of ivory in the United States. This is a key piece of the National Strategy for Combating Wildlife Trafficking. We know that Reid Park Zoo, Jed, and his staff had a great deal to do with this important effort to save the lives of elephants and we are proud that TWOQC members might have played a role as well.
- Coupons sent to the Naval Base in Sasebo, Japan totaled $6,738.
- Clipped and sorted coupons destined for overseas should expire May 1 or later.
- Coupons for the National Guard should expire July 18 or later.
- Please, no unclipped coupons.
- Coupons may be turned in at the June 27 luncheon or dropped off at Judy Poffenbarger’s (2390 E Bluejay Bluff Lane) or Peggy Richmond’s (2731 E. Eba Court) at any time.
A BIG Thank you to Kathy Hanson, Sylvia Perry, and Diane Nickolas for volunteering to greet and check in our members at the last meeting. We appreciate your time and beautiful smiles!
If anyone has unintentionally worn their TWOQC name tag home please remember to bring it with you to the luncheon on the 27th. If you are not able to attend the luncheon please notify Patti Giannasi at firstname.lastname@example.org that you have your name badge at home and do not need another one printed. Thank you.
Upcoming Events For Your Calendar
July 25 – 6:30 p.m. – Passionate for Coffee: Roasting Beans for the Perfect Cup of Coffee presented by Anna Perreira, Yellow Brick Coffee.
August 29 – 6:30 p.m. – Why Spiralize? Discover the Tips, Tricks & Taboos of Spiralizing! Presenter: Randy Wade from Cooking A-Z by, Tumacookery(Tubac, AZ)
[MORE PROGRAMS – download a complete schedule of events]