This week’s Friday Morning Message: ♥ January Program: Monday at 10:00 AM | ♥ Newsflash from Membership | ♥ Baby Shower for Military Families | ♥ YOTO: The Need Continues | ♥ Programs Committee: Looking for New Members, New Program Ideas | ♥ Donations for Veterans | ♥ Upcoming Events
Yes… this NEXT Monday morning at 10:00 a.m! In the Madera Clubhouse Ballroom, TWOQC will host Georgina Jacquez, Park Ranger for the Tumacácori National Historic Park. She will provide an overview of the history and events offered at the park. At the program we will begin selling tickets for TWOQC’s field trip to Tumacácori and Tubac (on March 26).
- Only 108 seats (2 buses) will be sold on a first come/first served basis.
- Tickets are $40 each check or cash only (members only, please).
- Any remaining seats available after the February program will be opened to outside guests at $45 each.
- The trip includes tours of both the Tubac Presidio and the Tumacácori Mission as well as lunch at The Italian Peasant in Tubac.
Our field trips are always a great time and a fun way to do something a little different with your TWOQC friends!
Also at Monday morning’s program you will find:
FASHION SHOW TICKETS! Tickets for the remaining seats at the February 7th Fashion Show Luncheon will also be on sale for $25 per person, check or cash only. The 50/50 raffle is over $2,100 and climbing! With the Fashion Show only a week and a half away, please access details on the Fashion Show page for those attending (event agenda) and anyone still wishing to donate (items still needed).
BABY SHOWER BABY BOTTLES! January starts our returning campaign for the Military Families Baby Shower (held in May). Please bring any loose change or dollar bills to help start the Baby Bottle Donation Campaign. Our baby bottles will be making their first appearance for 2018 at the Monday morning program.
The Membership Crew is looking forward to welcoming you to our first program of 2018, this Monday morning at 10:00!
- We would love to add a ribbon to your name tag if you are a 5 or 10-year member.
- Please inform us so we can give you your ribbon when you check in.
- Also, we are gathering historical information that we do not have in our database — the “year each member joined”.
- We are asking each member to click THIS LINK to fill out a very short form with your name and year you joined TWOQC.
We appreciate your help and support.
DUES ARE DUE!
A great big THANK YOU to everyone who has paid their 2018 dues! THANK YOU also to those of you who just read this and thought, “Oh Gosh! What a great reminder! I will write my check and fill out my Membership Form (link) right this very minute.” You can drop your check in the box at Angie Werner’s front door. Or, mail it if that’s easier to Angie Werner at 1924 E Orinda Lane.
Members who have not yet paid their 2018 dues may obtain their name tag at a “special table” at Monday’s program. Be sure to bring your checkbook to pay your 2018 dues at the same time! **NOTE: TWOQC annual dues are due by January 1st each year, with a generous grace period through Jan. 31st. Please pay your dues so you can continue to enjoy all that TWOQC has to offer.
Happy New Year! TWOQC’s 14th year is set to be a great one!
The Baby Shower is off to great start. We have sixteen mothers signed up, and we have received a $500 check from the QCVGA to “kick start” our efforts for 2018! Our donation box in the Madera clubhouse has been very busy. We are accepting diapers, new baby outfits & onesies, baby wash/powder, etc. Our next meeting is February 14th at 10:00 a.m. in the Kino Conference Room. Anyone interested in helping with this event, please plan on being there!
The Baby Bottle Collection Campaign kicks off at the January program and will be appearing in the Madera Clubhouse lobby before each Monday and Friday night concerts in February and March! Look for our table starting Monday, February 5th at 4:30 p.m.
Many people have expressed a desire to continue to support YOTO throughout the year. The mini-mall/pantry is always in need of non-perishable food items that the students can request on a weekly basis.
- Popular items are those that are easy to prepare or require little preparation.
- Peanut butter, tomato products, mac and cheese, pastas and canned fruits or vegetables are always needed.
- If you would like to contribute personal hygiene items, please purchase full-sized shampoos, conditioners, deodorants, etc.
- For a list of items currently needed, check: yoto.org/in-kind-gifts.
If you have items to donate you may bring them to Monday morning’s program. There will be a table in the back of the ballroom to receive donations. You may also drop off donations at the home of Diane Quinn, 2276 E. Skywalker Way.
Back tracking to December of 2017… the gift bags provided by our wonderful TWOQC members for the YOTO students touched the heart of a YOTO staff member. Her thoughts were captured by another YOTO staff member and we would like to share her heartfelt comments with you HERE.
Do you have an idea for a program you would like to attend at TWOQC? Do you have a suggestion for a new or different activity you would like TWOQC to consider? The Programs Committee wants your ideas! Please send them to the committee by contacting Diane Quinn at email@example.com.
The Programs Committee is looking to expand and would welcome a few new members. This committee researches programs and entertainment options on behalf of TWOQC. Members then contact prospective presenters and work with other members of TWOQC to make the program happen. Here is your chance to get involved with another fun side of our group. Interested? Contact Diane Quinn, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please bring donations of toiletries, disposable plates, cups utensils and calendars/ notecards/playing cards to the program on January 29 and place them on the table at the rear of the ballroom.
There is a female homeless veteran who is in desperate need of a stroller—she has a 3 year old special-needs child and a 1-year old. If you have a stroller (single or double) your grandchildren have outgrown, let us know if you can help. You will get a receipt for tax purposes.
(♦) public event
- Jan. 29 – 10 a.m.→Tumacacori Mission · Park Ranger
- Feb. 7 – 10 a.m.→Fashion Show (Dillard’s apparel) (♦)
- Feb. 26 – 10 a.m.→Tubac Presidio (Shannon Stone)
- Mar. 12 – 7 p.m.→Lecture Series: American Turquoise – Collecting with Confidence (♦)
- Mar. 26 – 9am-4pm→Field Trip (Tubac Presidio & Tumacacori Mission)
- May 19→Military Baby Shower (attendance open only to committee members)
- June 25→Summer Luncheon
- Oct. 29→Membership Brunch
- Dec. 10→Holiday Luncheon
“Thank you” to this week’s FMM contributors: Kathi Krieg, Peggy McGee, Diane Quinn, Carol Shelton, and Angie Werner.