September 2022 E-NEWSLETTER ∴ Next issue: Oct. 20
- President’s Message: September – Good Time to Join or Renew
- Funding & Giving: Javelina Hoedown Update + NEW Ticket Sales Dates
- Programs & Events: Upcoming Events & What You May Have Missed
- Community Outreach: Honor Flight
- Members Section
∴ PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE ∴
September is more than half over and it’s time to renew your TWOQC membership. For any Quail Creek women residents who are not members, now is a good time to join since your $25 will apply to the rest of 2022 and all of 2023. Further, pursuant to the Guest Policy, you cannot attend the membership meetings, small groups, and the members luncheon unless you are a member of TWOQC.
Our fundraising events are open to nonmembers. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, dollars raised at these events are all earmarked for scholarships and for local charities. Our scholarships for high school senior women and women in transition are raised in the second half of the calendar year. Our local charitable contributions are raised during the first half of the year. In 2022, we awarded over $29,000 in scholarships and over $6,000 in local charitable donations.
- The funds from membership dues are budgeted for Programs, Decorations, Membership, Community Outreach, and Administration.
- There is a cost for the entertainment at luncheons and monthly programs.
- Most speakers receive an honorarium or donation.
- The decorations and other costs outside of the food for the luncheons are paid for from the dues.
- Dues help pay for the welcome parties for new members that Membership hosts and for the name badges.
- Community Outreach collections also come with some expenses that are part of the budget.
- The administration costs cover our Zoom account, MailChimp, and our website.
- There are expenses for the storage unit, for insurance, and for accounting. In addition, there expenses for printing, paper, ink, and other incidentals.
∴ FUNDING & GIVING ∴ Javelina Hoedown Update
We are halfway through September heading for our target date of the 26th of October which is the night we will come together to have fun eating, dancing, buying raffle tickets for the 50/25/25, the baskets and the Jim Click Raffle.
Most of us will look through everything making decisions on what tickets to buy or how about that great item in the Silent Auction we simply cannot live without. There will be a lot of choices so please bring your checkbooks and cash because that is the only tender we can except for payment.
NEW TICKET SALES DATES! (updated 9/29)
√ 10/2 10 AM – 12 noon
√ 10/9 10 AM – 12 noon
√ 10/16 10 AM – 12 noon (basket raffle tickets also available)
Madera Clubhouse Lobby:
√ 10/4 8 – 11 AM
√ 10/7 6 – 7 PM George S Concert
√ 10/12 8 – 11 AM
10/20 8 – 11 AM (basket raffle tickets also available)
Javelina Hoedown Tickets: $45 each
50/25/25 Tickets: 30 for $20 · 6 for $5
Jim Click Raffle Tickets: 1 for $25 · 5 for $100
Quail Creek residents – please watch the What’s Happening emails and TWOQC members can check on GroupWorks for updates on ticket sale sites. Those dates will be also be available on this website.
Remember, every penny you spend will go towards the 2023 Scholarship Program for both High School Graduates and Women In Transition (WIT). We can’t wait to see you there… and for heaven’s sake, brush up on your Funky Chicken! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
∴ PROGRAMS & EVENTS ∴ Members: Go to GroupWorks™ (GW) for more information and reservations 2 weeks prior to each event… coming up:
- September 21st: Garden Group Talk
September 29th: Autumn Sage WineryPOSTPONED (stay tuned for a possible rescheduling of this trip)
- October 13th: Lunch @Maria’s in Green Valley
- October 19th: Book Discussion Group
- October 19th: Halloween Home Tour
- October 20th: Learn to Play Bocce Ball
- August 29th: Senior Moment Trivia Night
- September 7th: Book Discussion Group
- September 14th: On-the-Go visits the Alfie Norville Gem & Mineral Museum
- September 16th: Third Friday Book Group
- September 19th: Butterfly & Hummingbird Garden Tour
Members have full access to all programs and events. Contact Sharon at email@example.com with your program and event questions. All women residents in Quail Creek are invited to join TWOQC! JOIN TODAY»
A group of 68 veterans, all Native Americans, will be heading to Washington, DC from November 10-13 to see the many monuments honoring veterans of all wars. These veterans are primarily from the Vietnam era but several served in the Desert Storm conflict too. Please take the time to send a note to these veterans to thank them for their service.
- Please begin your letters (or notes) with “Dear Veteran”, “Dear Hero” or a similar salutation.
- Express your appreciation for the veteran’s service and sacrifice.
- Sign as you prefer.
- Place your letters (or notes) in individual unsealed envelopes and bundle them with a rubber band or tie.
- Drop your bundled letters in the collection box at 2719 E. Sawyer Rd by Saturday, October 29.
The veterans really appreciate the letters they receive during “Mail Call” on their return flight home and often reread them several times as they recall the Honor Flight experience.
∴ MEMBERS SECTION ∴ Attention Members! Find announcements, program & event details, special messages from the President, and so much more in our members-only GroupWorks™ platform. Learn more HERE». Contact our GW Administrator with your questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Contributors, this edition: Diane G. (president’s message) ∴ Marianne C. (members section; e-news design & delivery) ∴ Nancy J. (funding & giving) ∴ Peggy M./Carin K. (community outreach) ∴ Sharon P. (programs/events). Publishing Team: President, Webmaster.